This course provides an overview of EU legislation for the Single European Sky, in the field of ATM/ANS. It also describes how the regulatory developments will further affect the stakeholders involved in ATM/ANS (ATM/ANS service providers, competent authorities including NSAs, the network manager, EASA, ATM/ANS manufacturers, etc.).
Completion of the e-learning course LEX-SES-E 'Introduction to the ATM/ANS regulatory environment'
Reading through regulations No. 216/2008, 549/2004 and 550/2004
After completing the course, participants should be aware of:
- the EU regulatory framework (hierarchy and types of legal acts, rulemaking mechanisms, etc.)
- the scope, objective and overall content of the Single European Sky (SES) legislative package
- the EASA rulemaking procedure
- the roles and responsibilities of the main players in SES
- the main regulatory developments in ATM/ANS
This course is designed for anybody who wishes to develop an understanding of the Single European Sky initiative and the legislation that supports it: ATM/ANS service providers, competent authorities in ATM/ANS (including NSAs), ATM/ANS system manufacturers, EASA, other civil and military ATM regulatory bodies, etc.
Candidates passing the examination will receive a certificate of accomplishment. Other candidates will receive a certificate of attendance.