This course is the entry point for two training programmes:
- Management of Changes in ATM/ANS [SAF-PRG-CHG-2]
- Oversight of Changes in ATM/ANS [LEX-PRG-CHG-2].
This course provides an overview, from the perspective of both ATM/ANS service providers and competent authorities in ATM/ANS, of:
- the management of changes in ATM/ANS
- the process of change assessment, from a safety perspective (including safety assessment and safety support assessment of changes to the ATM/ANS functional system)
- the process of the oversight of changes in ATM/ANS
The course also highlights the relationship between the management and assessment of changes, with both quality and safety management systems, and the project lifecycle and project-related activities
The course is consistent with the Regulation 2016/1377 laying down common requirements for service providers and the oversight in ATM/ANS and other ATM network functions (repealing Regulation No 482/2008, Implementing Regulations No 1034/2011 and No 1035/2011 and amending Regulation No 677/2011) and its relevant Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Material (GM). It combines theory and practical exercises based on both ATM and non-ATM examples of changes.