A flight through busy European airspace is the central theme for this introduction to Air Traffic Management e-learning module. As the flight progresses we see how the Air Traffic Management (ATM) system ensures that the aircraft - and its occupants - reach their destination safely and as close to the planned schedule as possible.
• The organisation of airspace
• The time sequence for flow management and flight events
• The data flow and interactions between databases and controller working positions
• The dialogues between pilots and air traffic controllers
• Some of the many acronyms used in ATM are explained.
Registration for the course was not possible: