Network Operations serves the Aircraft Operators and Air Traffic Services. The vital link at local level in ATFCM operations is the Flow Management Position (FMP). The training of FMP personnel is essential for the success of ATFCM operations. This course is part of a modular training programme for FMP staff consisting of two classroom-based modules (one week each), supported by web based training modules, and a refresher module for suitably qualified staff. This is the first classroom-based module: FMP Module 2.
Content Theoretical classroom training in which the concepts and basics of ATFCM are explained, such as:
- NM systems and procedures
- Capacity and demand
- Traffic Volumes
- Traffic Counts
- ATFCM phases
- It is the second part of the successive modular ATFCM training package
- It should be remembered that this Module may only be attended after first completing Module 1: Introduction to ATFCM [NMO-ATFCM-INTRO-E] and the Ops room tour [NMO-ATFCM-OPS-E]
The FMP courses consist of 4 Modules.
- Module 1 is the "Introduction to ATFCM" and "Ops Room Tour" web based training modules in the FMP Refresher Training
- Module 2 is a 1-week theory course taking place in Luxembourg
- Module 3 is a 1-week practical course taking place in Brussels
- Module 4 is a 4-day regionally focused refresher course which is organised in Brussels on request only.
Two pre-requisite E-learning modules exist for this course which must be completed before attending. "Introduction to ATFCM" and "Ops Room Tour" can be accessed from the Syllabus tab in the Classroom page. Additionally, for those that are not that familiar with CHMI, we suggest to go to the Syllabus of this course and click on "CIFLO - CHMI Interface for Flow [NMO-CIFLO-HELP-E]". The "Need to know" tab will explain the most important functions.
Completion of this course will provide participants with an understanding of the fundamental concepts of operations and the procedures applied by the NM and of FMPs.
After completing the course, participants will have an understanding of the fundamental concepts of operation applied by Network Operations and of FMPs.
This course is only for Flow Management Position staff, Air Traffic Controllers, ATS managers and personnel who are directly (or are about to be) involved in the daily operation of Network Operations and the Flow Management Position concept.
All candidates will receive a certificate of attendance.
No fee applies for course participants from world-wide airspace users and participants from Member States’ competent authorities and certified organisation. The training cost is sponsored by the EUROCONTROL Work Programme.
The price per course participant from other organisations or individuals is 1500 EUR.