Collaboration Human Machine Interface for Aircraft Operators (CIAO) is a software application, connected to the Network Operations systems, enabling the user to:
- Send and receive ATFCM messages
- Use the AOWIR (Aircraft Operator What If Re-routing) function
- Obtain information related to the current ATFCM and routing situation in a graphical manner
- Access the Archive system
- Main changes in the latest software release
- CIAO functions - Case studies
- AOWIR, Traffic Volumes and FAM presentations
- CIAO exercises - Debriefing
- Courses are conducted in English
- A maximum of two participants from one company per classroom course is allowed
- Minimum elapse time between 2 CIAO courses is 18 months
- The courses are given by Simon Smidt, Philippe Touchard or Eric Mayné
- It is advisable to combine this course with the preceding IFPS [NMO-IFPS-ADV-C], and following ATFCM for AOs [NMO-ATFCM-AO-C] courses.
To get a better theoretical and practical understanding of CIAO and AOWIR -To get a better understanding of Network Operations through a visit to the operations room.
Aircraft Operator personnel who are already using the CIAO application.
All candidates will receive a certificate of attendance.
No fee applies for course participants from world-wide airspace users and participants from Member States’ competent authorities and certified organisation. The training cost is sponsored by the EUROCONTROL Work Programme.
The price per course participant from other organisations or individuals is 600 EUR.