Risk is inherent in everything we do and uncertainties need to be managed. As Organisations are becoming increasingly aware of the fundamental need to manage risk as a major part of their management and future business strategies. An enterprise-wide approach to risk management allows organisations to consider the potential impact of all types of risks upon processes, activities, stakeholders, products, services, to realise business objectives and seize new opportunities.
The issues of poor resilience management are never far from the headlines - the Aviation Industry needs to be ready and able to deal with potential emergencies and disruptive events;
these can range from natural disasters like flooding or heavy snow to deliberate acts or attacks. Crises can happen suddenly (for example, an aircraft crash) or develop gradually (for example, a ‘flu epidemic or widespread industrial action).
Our three-day course aims to provide you with a practical integrated approach to the fundamental principles of risk & resilience management by promoting solutions not fear. It will provide the relevant knowledge and skills required for you and your business to manage resilience systematically to improve performance within all areas of your organisation.
Incorporating real case studies and interactive multimedia. This course will bring the subject to life and cater for all learning styles to enable learners to make more informed transparent decisions that become embedded in the daily operational rhythm of your organisation, to ensure you can withstand the worst.
This training is offered in partnership with KRISK, a company specialised in the development, integration and embedding of enterprise risk management systems.
To understand how enterprise risk & resilience management can be used to support your organisation in achieving its objectives and targets.
• To give you the skills to effectively assess business impacts and to select appropriate risk treatment measures to reduce uncertainty and withstand stress & catastrophe.
• To give you the skills to effectively assess risk, to select appropriate risk treatment measures and understand risks are not always bad!
• To help you understand the benefits of risk management and its relationship with crisis, contingency and business continuity management to ensure adequate preparation & planning.
• To support you in influencing and improving a resilient culture through the framework of an integrated enterprise risk management system.
• To support you in influencing and improving operational management, quality and risk performance through the framework of an integrated enterprise risk management system.
• To ensure you understand the importance of incorporating business continuity into the enterprise risk framework to ensure your organisation can withstand the worst.
• Ensure that you and your organisation are rewarded by the theory and practical implementation learnt over the three days to embed risk & resilience into your Organisation & Communities you live and work in.
• To provide you with an understanding of how businesses must have their own plans and capabilities for responding to an emergency.
• To provide you with an understanding of how businesses can work with local community groups to develop a mutual resilience capability.
• To provide you with an understanding of how businesses can work with Category 1 Responders, Category 2 Responders and Government agencies to prepare for and reduce the effects of an emergency situation.
Designed for those wishing to learn more about enterprise risk management and wanting to improve risk culture through maximising opportunities and minimising threats.
Designed for management teams wanting to improve resilience culture and embed resilience management in the daily operational rhythm.
All candidates will receive a certificate of attendance.