The Assessment of Changes in the ATM/ANS Part 1 course builds on the knowledge acquired in the Management & Oversight of Changes in ATM/ANS course (SAF-CHG-Intro).
The course provides an overview of the principal steps to be undertaken during the assessment, from a safety perspective, of a change to the ATM/ANS functional system, covering both its safety assessment and its safety support assessment, if appropriate.
The course is consistent with regulation 2016/1377 laying down common requirements for service providers and the oversight in ATM/ANS and other ATM network functions (repealing Regulation No 482/2008, Implementing Regulations No 1034/2011 and No 1035/2011 and amending Regulation No 677/2011) and its relevant Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Material (GM).
It combines "theory" and practical exercises based on real, up-to-date ATM/ANS examples of changes.
The course covers the following topics:
- safety assessment of changes to the ATM/ANS functional system
- safety support assessment of changes to the ATM/ANS functional system
- interactions between safety assessments and safety support assessments
- relevant EU legislation (IR/AMC/GM) in relation to safety (support) assessments of ATM/ANS changes
- main changes resulting from Regulation 2016/1377 laying down common requirements for service providers and the oversight in ATM/ANS and other ATM network functions, together with its AMC/GM, compared to the repealed regulations, as regards to safety (support) assessments of changes to the ATM/ANS functional system.