Network Operations serves the Aircraft Operators and Air Traffic Services. The vital link at local level in ATFCM operations is the Flow Management Position (FMP). The training of FMP personnel is essential for the success of ATFCM operations. This course is part of a modular training programme for FMP staff consisting of two classroom-based modules (one week each), supported by web based training modules, and a refresher module for suitably qualified staff. This is the second classroom-based module: FMP Module 3.
Content Demonstrations and exercises in a classroom/simulated environment in order to improve understanding in FMP/NMOC interaction, the application of CHMI and available methods for ATFCM problem resolution.
- It is the third part of the successive modular ATFCM training package
- It should be remembered that this Module may only be attended after first completing Module 2
- The included WBT More about ATFCM [NMO-ATFCM-MORE-E] must be completed before attending the classroom part of this course.
- It is possible to apply for places on Module 3 at the same time as applying for places on Module 2.
The FMP courses consist of 4 Modules. - Module 1 is the "Introduction to ATFCM" and "Ops Room Tour" web based training modules in the FMP Refresher Training - Module 2 is a 1-week theory course taking place in Luxembourg - Module 3 is a 1-week practical course taking place in Brussels - Module 4 is a 4-day regionally focused refresher course taking place in Brussels
Three pre-requisites exist for this course:
1. Having followed the FMP-Module 2 course in the last 3 years;
2. Work at an FMP as an operational staff member and
3. Having done the E-learning module "More about ATFCM", which can be accessed from the Syllabus tab in the Classroom page.
The first two will be checked to allow participation to the course.
To increase the level of knowledge and awareness of FMP staff in respect to ATFCM problems and available solutions to those problems.
This course is only for Flow Management Position staff, ATS managers and personnel who are directly involved in the daily operation of Network Operations and the Flow Management Position concept.
All candidates will receive a certificate of attendance.
No fee applies for course participants from world-wide airspace users and participants from Member States’ competent authorities and certified organisation. The training cost is sponsored by the EUROCONTROL Work Programme.
The price per course participant from other organisations or individuals is 1500 EUR.