Network Operations serves the Aircraft Operators and Air Traffic Services. The vital link at local level in ATFCM operations is the Flow Management Position (FMP). The training of FMP personnel is essential for the success of ATFCM operations. This course is part of a modular training programme for FMP staff consisting of two classroom-based modules (one week each), supported by web based training modules, and a refresher module for suitably qualified staff. This is the first classroom-based module: FMP Module 2.
Content Theoretical classroom training in which the concepts and basics of ATFCM are explained, such as:
- NM systems and procedures
- Capacity and demand
- Traffic Volumes
- Traffic Counts
- ATFCM phases
- It is the second part of the successive modular ATFCM training package
- It should be remembered that this Module may only be attended after first completing Module 1: "Introduction to ATFCM" [NMO-ATFCM-INTRO-E] and the Ops room tour [NMO-ATFCM-OPS-E]
The FMP courses consist of 4 Modules.
- Module 1 is the "Introduction to ATFCM" and "Ops Room Tour" web based training modules
- Module 2 is a 1-week theory course taking place in Luxembourg
- Module 3 is a 1-week practical course taking place in Brussels
- Module 4 is a 4-day regionally focused refresher course which is organised in Brussels on request only.
Registration for the course was not possible: