The Basic Regulation (No. 216/2008) is the cornerstone of the EU regulatory framework in civil aviation, hence an important piece of legislation to be aware of. Its scope include ATM/ANS and Aerodromes.
The course covers:
- The EU regulatory framework (hierarchy and types of legal acts, rulemaking mechanisms, etc.)
- The EASA rulemaking procedure
- The functions and tasks of EASA
- The main regulatory provisions contained in regulation No. 216/2008 (referred to as the basic regulation or BR), as variously amended.
- The roles and responsibilities of the main players in civil aviation (ICAO, EU institutions, EASA, National Aviation Authorities, design, maintenance and production organisations, aerodrome operators, ATM/ANS service providers, etc.)
The course also describes in broad terms the current implementing rules (IRs) to the basic regulation in the fields of civil aviation covered by the Basic Regulation, with a particular focus on the most recent ones (for example in ATM/ANS), and the status of on-going regulatory developments.
Registration for the course was not possible: