This course is the entry point for two training programmes:
- Management and assessment of changes as per Reg 2017/373 [SAF-PRG-CHG-373]
- Oversight of changes as per Reg 2017/373 [LEX-PRG-CHG-373].
This course provides an overview, from the perspective of both ATM/ANS service providers and competent authorities in ATM/ANS, of:
- the management of changes in ATM/ANS,
- the process of change assessment, from a safety perspective (including safety assessment and safety support assessment of changes to the ATM/ANS functional system),
- the process of the oversight of changes in ATM/ANS.
The course also highlights the relationship between the management and assessment of changes, with both quality and safety management systems, and the project lifecycle and project-related activities.
The course is consistent with Regulation No. 2017/373 (laying down common requirements for providers of ATM/ANS and other ATM network functions and their oversight) and its relevant Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC) and Guidance Material (GM). It is also consistent with the to be repealed Regulation No 482/2008, Implementing Regulations No 1034/2011 and No 1035/2011.
It combines theory and practical exercises based on both ATM and non-ATM examples of changes.